Wednesday 1 June 2016

Let`s Carnival

I went to give a helping hand in preparation for Luton`s 40th Carnival. I met the Sickle Cell support group and they kindly allowed me to assist with the costumes.
I was shown how to shape and stick  foam shapes for the shoulder decorations. We tried to match them so they looked symmetrical.



I embossed some stars to stick on the headgear. This view shows the headgear from the back so I could see the shape of the cap.

A front view with four layers of decoration.

Adding the decoration to the headpieces

The cap before decoration.

Some finished headgear

Nearly finished,, It just needs a few more stars.

Gluing the struts to add the shoulder decoration.



This lady was trying on her amazing outfit.

Making a few last minute adjustments.



I had a preview of this dragon

The dragon seemed quite friendly on closer acquaintance.

I wanted to see how the stars were attached

A finished headpiece

This young man was decorating his hat.

Trying on the shoulder decoration.

Shoulder decoration with a different colour scheme.
I had an enjoyable afternoon and learned a lot. I am keen to gain more experience in making carnival costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment