Friday 18 May 2018

Lexy Rose vintage tea-party

The Lexy Rose vintage tea party stamps are lovely and all the details prints clearly.


I had been wanting to make a junk journal and used these stamps to try making one.
I used a technique I found in a magazine. You cover some white card with highlighter. I used a neon yellow. I added some brown distress ink and added some droplets of water , which I blotted with kitchen towel. A wet paint brush can be used to bleach the face where required. The cover was thin wood which I decorated with paints and papers.
I also decorated the inside of the cover and made a pocket with a tag inside.

For the inside pages I used some old envelopes, which I covered to give them a new life.



I did not want to make it too pristine because I wanted to give it a vintage and re-cycled feel.

I used some recycled packaging  and some other Rare Earth stamps to decorate. 

I love pockets and storage and this junk journal had several.
I used a similar technique to make this card and stamped alphabet stamps in the background.


I used some of the additional stamps that come with the set to create the background.

I made a pop-up tea cup inside to create the feeling of a tea-party.
I used the tattered Lace pentagon dies to make this easel card.
They were decorated with the mallow flowers and butterflies.
I looked at vintage cards and made this card with a doily to give the vintage tea party feel..
I used the Tattered Lace shaped rectangle frames to create this card. The set of nesting frame make it easy to mat and layer.






No comments:

Post a Comment