Saturday 4 August 2018

Rare Earth Sea stamps

The new Rare Earth sets of stamps of coastal locations are excellent for encouraging people who are keen to paint water-colour landscapes to get started. They certainly inspired me to want to learn to paint using water-colour because the outline is already done for you so you can just go ahead and try using the paints and experiment with different effects.
I used Rare Earth Pitch black to stamp onto water-colour paper. The stamps are large so it helps if you use a stamping frame. I enjoyed having a go at water -colour painting and painted some additional embellishments, which were all mounted onto a frame. A button, string and some alphabet 
tiles were used to complete the picture.

This is another version of the Durdle Door stamp on water-colour paper. It brings back memories of my childhood. We used to go on holiday to Swanage.

I like the light house scene.I painted a day time scene but it would be interesting to try different times of the day.The lines on the outline stamp give big clues on how to paint the scene.

Another version of Pigeon Point. Camber Sands was used for the background and a few of the embellishment stamps were used for adornment.

This is my version of Saltwick Nab. Maybe i`ll have the chance to visit the real place one day?!!

I decided to create a matching bag using the sand-dunes stamps.I used a wood effect background, which I thought would tie in with the posts.


Card version of the sand-dunes with added trawler. I would quite like to be there now....

I used the trawler and other embellishment stamps to create the pop-up box card. I love these cards because I feel they tell a story.

The stamped net is from the Rare Earth Crosby Bay set. The "rough sea" was created by painting on clingfilm and moving it around on the card with my fingers when pressing the clingfilm onto the card. I definitely recommend these stamps for any budding water-colour artist. The lines are so helpful in getting you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment