Saturday 8 September 2018

Rare Earth under the sea

These new stamps from Rare Earth have the feel of Pirates of the Caribbean. They feature mythological characters such as mermaids and King Nepture as well as a storm coming from a skull. They have a dramatic feel and could be used to tell a story. The stamps are very detailed but stamp well, especially when using the rare Earth load and Fold stamping platform.
I used pearlescent water colour paints to paint them.

There are some glamorous mermaids. Did they lure the ship onto the rocks or was it a navigation problem? Whatever happened they look very relaxed,

King Neptune ruling over the under sea world. He has the pirates treasure, and his subjects around him. I stuck some of the elements around an aperture card. I used pearls for the bubbles.

I stamped and distressed the lovely treasure map. I featured the octopus and added some of the relevant embellishments,

I always like to decorate a bag and the under sea stamps work well with the brown and rustic look  of the bag

I tended to stamp, cut out the elements and decide how i wanted to arrange them.


I made this large circular easel card using the tattered Lace large circle dies. The shells were from the scenic rare earth stamps. I cut off the edge of the circle to make the card easier to stand.
The elements work well to make pop up box cards- my favourte style of card. They have a lot of dimension and are fun to make.

The mermaids are relaxing while the storm rages in the distance. I made the background using pearlescent paints and added black behind the ships to accentuate them.


I used water-colour  paint for the background and the mermaid outline stamp, I painted seaweed on the backgound and used Pixie powders on the front of the card. I added the  under sea elements around the aperture.

Another pop-up box card.  I could not resist the comment. Hopefully it will make somebody laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment