Wednesday 2 January 2019

Rare Earth Motivational Sayings

Many people choose cards for the messages and the new stamps from Rare Earth have some sayings to inspire and motivate you.
I made the background paper by tearing coloured tissue paper into small shapes. I sprayed  white card with water and put the tissue paper into the water. I added a little more water to secure the tissue, put another white piece of card on top to make a tissue sandwich and then put a heavy weight on top. I left it for several hours to dry and then peeled the pieces of tissue off revealing the colour transferred to the card.
I love the sentiment below and how it is designed and laid out in this stamp.

"Shine bright like a diamond" is a saying that could be used on so many occasions. It is difficult to see it here but I used a metallic felt pen to highlight the letters. I complemented the saying with a diamond pattern background.



The stamps have complimentary background stamp backgrounds that work well with the designs. I used the heart background to emphasize the sentiment.

We tend to put ourselves down so this sentiment can really encourage us to keep going and may encourage the recipient. I felt the "Yes you can " went with it really well so I used it in the background.

It`s good to get a different perspective on life and thinking outside the box can open a number of possibilities that are new to us. I put the decoration partly outside the box to mirror the compliment.

Creating and designing makes me happy, especially when what I have created gives somebody pleasure.  The bright colours of the tissue paper background and the sun type stamp reflect this sentiment.




No comments:

Post a Comment