Saturday 23 February 2019

Rare Earth Boho

I am not a youth, as in the original use of Bohemians,  but in my spare time I like dabbling in arts and crafts. These Rare Earth stamps are fun and give you the chance to play with "art". There are so many stamps in the sets that it gives lots of design possibilities. Here are some of the ideas I came up with when first trying out the stamps.
I used tissue paper to create the coloured backgrounds. I tore some tissue paper, sprayed the paper I was printing onto with water and placed the pieces of tissue paper onto the wet card and put a heavy weight on it until it dried. The tissue paper was peeled off to reveal the bright colours. I think the boho stamps work well with bright colours.

Feathers were stamped onto the background card. The moon with the feathers below hit of a dream-catcher. I love the detail of the feathers. They can be used in so many ways.

Now here is the dream-catcher. It is a big stamp but gives a clear image. the message reads best wishes. 

The background stamps are detailed but stamp clearly. I coloured the feathers with alcohol markers and added a few textured threads.


Yay!! Spring is on the way. This card reminds me of this and no matter what is happening we can bring a bit of sunshine to peoples lives.

I stamped the feathers onto oxide inks with a few splats thrown in to liven it up.


I used the stamp in the background and cut it out and mounted it on foam as a focal point.

I love the small stamp with lines and dots which I used to make a frame. You can see that I also love the feather stamps.



I decided to have a go at making some "art" dolls. I used the Brother Scan n Cut to weld 3 circles together to make the body. I cut out three layers of card and stuck them together to make it strong enough. Pipe cleaners were used or the arms and legs and large beads for hands and feet. I used feathers to make a skirt on the left hand doll. One face was coloured like the sun and one more like a human.

I nearly always decorate a bag as it is nice to have some co-ordination if you are giving a card and present.

Here`s to boho and no boohoo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment