Sunday 14 August 2016

Summertime Bliss by Victoria Nelson

The artwork by Victoria Nelson is exquisite. The designs are pretty and delicate. Tattered Lace have made dies and stamps to complement the artwork. The flower dies I had the chance to try are the same as Victoria Nelson`s designs on the backing papers and toppers. The dies have little lift up areas which give you dimension to the designs enable you to make a variety of dimensional designs. I had fun trying them out. I recommend cutting the flowers out before you colour them in in case they are not exactly aligned. It helps to use some low tack tape to keep them in place. I cut mine out after colouring, which I later regretted.
The only thing that held me back with this kit was that the colour of my alcohol pens did not quite match the colours Victoria Nelson used. I regretted not having a wider range.
I added the die cut flowers to two corners of the bag to give some dimension and decoration.I used one of the large toppers from the paper pack.







 I decorated a wooden door hanger with the papers and dies form the set.




I decorated a cardboard box. My plan was to make some shrink plastic jewellery to go in the box but I only had black shrink plastic.



I tried using a more sepia look with the die cut flowers.

I put some fishing twine between two back to back toppers so they look as though they are suspended in mid air.





The die cut flowers were shaped around the bed of the card.



I used the Tattered Lace Charisma frame to make this stepper card.



I used the Tattered lace mid side stepper card and the Tattered lace floral layers Echinacea to make the larger flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment