Thursday 18 August 2016

Tatty Twinkles Summer and Winter

I made a coloured and black and white card featuring the wonderful Tatty Twinkles from Tattered Lace.
This is a panorama card with four layers. It folds flat to fit in and envelope. It was made using Tatty Twinkles "Summer smile " and embellishment stamp set by tattered Lace. The stamped images were coloured using Promarkers and decoupaged to give further depth.I dotted around the edges before cutting out the images;

The panorama dies have concertina sides to which the various layers are attached.
This shows the back and third layers attached to the concertina sides. Red tape was used to attach the front. The aperture was made by cutting half an oval and cutting the shape of the hill by hand.



Each layer was decorated before attaching to the concertina sides. 
I used the banner die and hand wrote the sentiment.
This is the finished card.

Black and white card with several shades of grey...



I think this must be the largest card I have made.
I obtained this textured effect by putting a fairly thick layer of gesso on two pieces of card. The pieces of card were put together with gesso sides facing and then pulled apart. The textured cards had gilding paste applied to give a shimmery effect.
I used Tatty Twinkles Gift Giving from Tattered Lace. The set comes with stamps and dies. I coloured the image with various shades of grey and cut the outline in black to give a shadow.
Tatty Twinkles was mounted on the textured gesso effect cut using the Tattered Lace oval shutter card set. This set is very versatile and can be used in many ways.
I used the Tattered Lace Starter set frame and added some ribbon and lace to decorate.
I did not have any large dies so I used two of the Charisma frames from Tattered Lace, which were cut in half and attached to a square, after being embossed to create the large frame.
Large flourishes were added to the large frame before Tatty Twinkles was mounted
 on top. The tuck in hearts were added to the sides;


I made flowers using Tattered Lace dies and added them to the card.Some flowers had gilding wax on them to add interest, The large roses were made using the Floral layers rose dies.


I folded another card to make the base for the easel card and decorated it with papers and flowers to co-ordinate.
Lastly I added a bow and a sparkly gem made from melted glue stick covered in glitter.






No comments:

Post a Comment