Saturday 7 September 2019

Build a buddy

When I saw the Build a Buddy dies from Crafter`s Companion I knew I had to have them because I used to make soft toys but enlarging the patterns to the right size and cutting them out accurately can be difficult and a lot of hassle. The dies make it easy peasy to cut accurate shapes and I`ve had so much fun using them.
Here is my version of the cat. I prefer hand sewing but used the machine to make the dress. I added the lace at the bottom of the dress and used a few dies from Tattered Lace Tiny Tubs to give the the face more features.

Here is my rabbit. I made the ears a bit smaller by using the die for the carrot as the ears. I used a small pom-pom for the nose.

I have developed some new characters using the Tiny Tubs dies. Here is Mr Fox.

I used some felt already with a tiger print on to make this tiger, Tiny Tubs dies were used to make the facial features.
Here is a smart panda with bow tie and jacket.



Continuing with my jungle theme  I made cheetah.
My dog character is dressed using African cloth.
I made another of the big cats- the lion. I think it is more a lion cub than an adult.





No comments:

Post a Comment