Tuesday 10 September 2019

Rare Earth French Countryside.

The French Countryside stamps are part of the Toile de Jouy collection from Rare Earth, based on historical cloth designs. They feature pastoral scenes and could be used to send cards for a number of occasions. Here are some samples of how they could be used.
I love this beach scene and had fun colouring it in. The background stamp is from a previous Rare Earth collection.

The trees could be part of a scene but I think they look majestic on their own. I used pencil crayons and water colours.

There used to be a lot of windmills in France, playing their part in producing flour. Afterwards I thought I could decoupage the sails and  they could even be made of a thicker card and set up so they could move around.

There is an old watermill close to where my parents used to live so this picture brought back memories for me. It`s the kind of card my Mum would have liked.

A lovely tranquil fishing scene. I used pencil crayons to colour this design and the blackberries are from another rare Earth collection.
The designs are easy to colour because the stamps indicate areas where it needs to be darker such as at the foot of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment